Monday, June 18, 2018

#18 completed

Beautiful Ligurian Coast

After an intense, positive and joyful week with my oldest daughter's graduation and visits from family and friends, I needed a break to recover. I was extremely happy to get an invitation from my sister to come and stay with her and her kids for a few days on the Ligurian Coast, close to Sanremo, Italy. After an additional doctor's check up, I got green light to travel.

Villa Nobel

Sanremo 

All I knew about Sanremo was that it delivers all the flowers for the yearly Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet in Stockholm. It turned out to be a cozy town with a beautiful, medieval town centre, a small harbor and a nice beach. Sanremo is also know for its pleasant climate, which made it attractive for many writers, poets and scientists, at the end of the 19th century. Alfred Nobel was one of them and he spent his last years in Villa Nobel, where he died in 1896.  


Great cure

I am sure that the few days I spent in Italy reading and relaxing in the shadow with the great company of my sister, nieces and nephew, were a great cure for me. Of course, the excellent Italian cuisine with Spaghetti Vongole, Fried Calamari, Prosciotto and ice cream added to my wellbeing! Action 18 is now completed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!