Sunday, September 16, 2018

#12 completed

Next stop London

Last week, my husband and I helped our oldest daughter move from Zürich to London. She will start studying at the University of Westminster.

I am extremely proud of our daughter and I believe that she is well prepared for the world, and is ready to make her own path. Our house will be a lot quieter and emptier without her there. However, she is happy and definitely ready to start living on her own. I came across a poem by Cecil Day-Lewis that describes what my husband and I are experiencing right now:

"Selfhood begins with a walking away. And love is proved in the letting go."





Shopping and tea time

After having done the mandatory trip to IKEA to complete the move away from home stuff, with kitchen utensils, hangers, a dresser and a lot of other things, we had a day to explore London. On My Survival List, I had listed that I wanted to go shopping and have afternoon tea in London with my daughter. 

Mad Hatter's afternoon tea
A few hours at Oxford Street and we had managed the shopping part in a tremendous way! For afternoon tea, we joined the Mad Hatter for tea and had an afternoon tea inspired by Alice in Wonderland, at Hotel Sanderson. Everything from the teapots, plates and cups to the sweet and savoury dishes, where inspired by Lewis Carroll's characters. 

Among the tasty and beautifully decorated sandwiches and cakes, we tried the King of Hearts' parmesan croque-monsieur stack, Tweedle Dee's lemon and curd financier, the mocha chessboard gateau and the Mad March Hare's vanilla pocket watch macaroon.




Alice in Wonderland tableware
We had a wonderful afternoon, and could relax from the moving stress and just enjoy. Action 12 is completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!