Tuesday, August 7, 2018

#6 completed

Champagne and good friends

Willie Gluckstern said: "In a perfect world, everyone would have a glass of Champagne every evening."
My version of that quote would be: "In a perfect world, everyone would have a glass of Champagne together with good friends every evening." Champagne is the ultimate celebration drink and if you enjoy it together with friends it is even better, as you have somebody to share the bubbly experience, discuss and laugh with. Yesterday, I was fortunate to have a glass of champagne with my dear friend Marie-Louise. Tina could unfortunately not join as planned, so this time we toasted virtually with her. I consider action 6 completed. However, it will require a da capo as I definetely would like Tina to join in person.
A bonus experience, was the guided city walk that Marie-Louise and I participated in.


City walk

I was born and raised in Västerås. In school we read about the city's history and visited the most famous places, such as the Dome, Västerås castle and the old town Kyrkbacken. I have always been interested in history, but I had, until yesterday, not taken the opportunity to enhance my knowledge and understanding about my old hometown, via one of the many guided city walks.
Västerås view
It was interesting and enjoyable to refresh my old high school history knowledge and to get updated information about Västerås. The guide was very good and shared her expertise in an entertaining way. I got so inspired and decided I needed to learn even more, so today I took a guided tour of the impressive, 13th century Dome! The past two days have definetely served as a great refill and extension of historical, as well as, modern city knowledge. Now I am even more proud of my old hometown, Västerås!

2 comments:

  1. It was such a nice evening on my balcony. Thanks for being there! /ML

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome!