Thursday, August 16, 2018

#17 completed

Close friends

I am fortunate and extremely happy to have Else and Maria as close friends. We have known each other for a long time and share a lot of great memories from our yearly ginger bread baking, long walks and deep talks. We have gone through happy times and tough times, and what ever happens I know I can always reach out for their support. Else and Maria, below is for you 😄💖



Weekend tour

Last weekend, Else and Maria surprised me with a "girls" weekend tour to celebrate my 50th birthday. We started with horseback riding on Icelandic horses, at a friend of Maria's.
Riding on Angi

I am a complete beginner when it comes to horseback riding and last time I tried was at least ten years ago. I am even a bit scared of horses, even though my daughters have done horseback riding for many years. Last weekend's arrangement suited me perfectly: a calm, obedient, right-sized horse and riding in my tempo in the beautiful nature, south of Linköping. After this fun and enjoyable experience, I could even consider not to wait another ten years before trying horseback riding again!






Rimforsa Strand

The evening was spent at Rimforsa Strand, today a conference hotel, but with an interesting history dating back to the beginning of the 20th century.

Rimforsa Strand conference hotel
In 1907, Rimforsa Strand was inaugurated as a school for female students called: Fredrika Bremers Lanthushållsseminarium. It was one of the first schools to offer higher education for women in Sweden. Handicraft, gardening, domestic economy and small-scale farming were the topics that could be studied. Close to 800 domestic economy- and farming teachers graduated during the 55 years Rimforsa Strand served as a school. Luckily, a lot has happened the past one hundred years and women today have abundant study opportunities. Female engineers, like the three of us, could now wine and dine in this historical setting.

The day after, I got a golf lesson from Maria's son Niclas, who plays on the US college tour. This was a perfect kick-start of action 35, to restart my golf career.

Thank you Else and Maria for a great weekend! Action 17 is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!